Wednesday 23 September 2009

2 weeks all alone!

Well! Hello, hello, hello! Time for an update methinks!
Mostly cause it has been a while but also cause of the fact that I have time on my hands!
Ok so I last left you all in the amazement of the canoe race! What a fun day that was! That was ages ago, though i'm not entirely convinced that too much has gone on since then!
The following day my flatmate went home.. in fact, I think I told you all this already. But basically, she is still at home now and has been since that Sunday! Almost 2 weeks by my count! So what have I done since then.. hmm...
Oh I had to go into Potsdam to collect my bank card.. yes that's right.. they don't send them to you here.. you have to go get them once you have got the pin! Probably a better system in case someone gets your letters by mistake! But still.. It meant I had to do some German speaking... I got about as far as 'I got this letter..' and she just nodded, walked off, got my card and made me sign something! So it wasn't all that bad! :D
Then that week I didn't really do much. Just lots of worky worky goodness! Not much interesting to tell on that front really.. except the annoying song I have permanently etched into my brain... 'In my school bag, my school bag, I've got so many things, I've got a rubber and a pencil, a ruler and a pen, In my school bag, my school bag, I've got so many things!'
OMG... I'll sing it for you all when I'm back at xmas cause I just know how much you would love to hear that! Might even do a special request at warehouse.. 'Hi Mr DJ.. can I sing my own song please?' :P haha
But all in all that was a fairly uneventful week.
Then on umm.. Friday I think it was.. or maybe Thursday.. I began exercising! Which has now led me to hate James! Grrr! Only kidding, he's my new personal trainer cause I asked him nicely.. he makes me exercise really hard! Speaking of exercise.. for those of you who didn't read it on my facebook status.. since I last weighed myself (which I think was in easter) I have lost 9lb! To some of you that may not sound like a lot over such a long period of time, but to me that is an achievement and a half!! I am so proud of myself! I just need to keep going now!
On saturday I went and did some shopping. Food and whatnot -the healthiest you have ever seen! Ohh and a bottle of wine! But of course, in true Amy style, something had to go wrong! The wine was cheap.. €2.99 for a litre.. so you would assume screw top.. the cheap ones don't have corks of course not! Oh no.. this one did! And I didn't realise til I got home.. and then once I realised.. I then found out there was no corkscrew in my flat.. and it was too late to go back! So what do I do? I don't say ohh no worries, i'll drink the wine another day when i've bought a corkscrew.. no no no! I ask everyone and anyone if they know how to open it without! After several failed attempts with many different objects.. someone finally came up with the most genius idea in the world! Pan of boiling water + wine bottle in pan = Cork comes out!! Woop! So I got my wine.... even if it was a little warm and I had to leave it in the fridge! Bought a corkscrew now though! Lesson learnt!
So I stayed up until about 4am on msn talking to someone whilst we both drank wine :P haha and didn't wake up the next day until 2.40! I think that's the latest I've ever woken up... ever! Though no hangover at least!
Monday was my day off.. cause I get every other monday off at school so I went and did a bit more shopping - I even bought House Bunny on dvd.. though I haven't watched it in German yet, only english! Oh and I bought some weighing scales cause I'm on a bit of a weight loss mish at the moment so I figured I ought to know how i'm progressing! Though again in true Amy style... got them home.. no batteries! (bought electric cause they were cheaper) so couldn't even find out how much I weighed until the next day.
Though when I eventually did find out.. how happy I was!!! (as mentioned earlier..!)
So.. today is Wednesday.. I went to school.. from 8.00 - 9.30.. seems almost pointless but at least I'm up and doing stuff ! I just finished eating a nice juicy grapefruit! Now it's time to do some more exercise...
Wish me luck blog fans!!!!

Tooooodles!
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment