Tuesday 24 November 2009

Ups and Downs of a week or two!

Well.. I'm not entirely sure where I left you all.. and since my internet is so rubbish I can't be bothered checking.. so I'll just start from where makes most sense to start from! :)

So.. My sister and her boyfriend came to visit me! That was fun! We went out and ate lots of nice food and stuff and also had a few drinks! We wandered around Potsdam and Berlin and we also got to watch some really awfully cheesy American programme - New York gets a job or something like that. It was so bad but none of us could take our eyes off it!! Well anyway, nothing particularly eventful happened whilst they were here.. it was just a generally good few days :)

Then, I had a day all to myself where I managed to go and join a gym! I went in and did it all in German! It was good! I felt really proud of myself!! Going to be going for the first time tomorrow now that everyone has gone!

Which leads me onto the next part of my week! Jess and Nick came to visit me on Thursday! I went to pick them up from the airport and luckily they arrived early so I didn't have to do any waiting around for them!! We went to Potsdam and bought some food to make a lasagne.. although we did spend forever trying to find a cheese sauce or a sachet to make a cheese sauce from! Found one eventually! Woohoo!

So we ate that, watched films and went to sleep cause we were all knackered! The next day I had to be up at 6.15am! But it wasn't too bad, I got to work with class 1/2 who were all really cute so I didn't mind that :) Then we just wandered around potsdam for ages until we decided we wanted to be really cool and make a poster with Laurence's name on it. (or Lord Percival Lolly Kerans III as he is apparently known). We all probably got a little too excited at this prospect.. myself probably more than the other two since I am such a child! We managed to make each of the letters look really cool and hopefully Jess will get a pic of it up on facebook!! :D
Laurence was already there when we got to the airport so we couldn't be all cheesy waiting for him with it so instead we just held it up for him as he walked towards us! But it was worth it all the same!
Then we went back to mine and watched The Germans have eyes 2 (the hills have eyes 2) and then fell asleep!

Saturday we got up and went to Berlin! We were gonna go up this TV tower thingy but the queuing and wait for it was far too long so we didn't bother in the end. Oh we also got asked to give some foreign woman money and Laurence had a bit of a funny argument with her which resulted in her saying 'Fuck You' though she can't speak english... apparently..! ha
So anyway, instead of going up this tower thing.. I somehow got talked into being pulled along on a trailer type seat thing on the back of a bike to take us to checkpoint charlie! We wandered around a bit and then decided we wanted to go drink! We found a nice pub/restaurant type place and drank lots of nice stuff! Especially the mulled wine! YUM! Then ate nice food too! After that we went on the hunt for a supermarket to buy more alcohol and found one in the end! We probably bought more than we should have done but it was fun all the same! Got back to mine, shoved a film on which we hardly watched and just got lovely and drunk! :D Didn't end up getting to sleep til about 4am but it was a fun night! Made a change actually being able to do something on a night such as drinking! :D

The next day, we went into berlin again with the hope of hiring 2 tandems to do a bike ride but we got there too late and they said we couldnt :( So instead, we went on a boat right where everything they said was in German so Nick and Jess didn't understand a word of it! Then we managed to find a nice looking place to eat and got really nice food. Well, except Jess.. she didn't like hers! And then Laurence flicked candle wax on me cause he is mean! But Nick managed to make Rodriguez out of some wax (a little wax cube basically) It was funny anywhoo! :D

Then we got a train to the main train station and wandered around there for a bit. Then we all went our separate ways. Laurence almost missed his train cause he was in the land of nod stood on his platform but we managed to make sure he got it. Then we got ours and got home nice and quickly ! :D

We watched UP when we got in! It is such an amazing film! I loved it and would watch it again several times given the chance! :D After that we fell asleep.

Monday I had to work so was out until 2.00 but I was very proud of Jess and Nick. They made it all the way into Potsdam without me! So I went and met them there! The xmas markets opened that day so we had a quick look around but it was raining so we went and bought some food to make tea then went home!

We got in and my landlady was just coming out of her room as we got in. Thanks to her, I no longer want to live in this house! She basically got cross with me about having friends staying over, claiming that I never told her there would be three people and I never told her how long they would be staying for. I know 100% that I did so I stood my ground as much as I can in a language I don't fully understand. How dare she call me a liar to my face when she is already making me pay extra money just to have my friends stay anyway and making me pay extra money when I want to use the bloody washing machine! I think she is just taking advantage because I'm English! But anyway.. it resulted in her telling me I'm not allowed more than one friend to stay in the future! I'm paying my rent, I'll have who I want to stay over!! We weren't exactly disruptive and nothing got broken! If she doesn't want me to have people over then she is renting to the wrong person! 1. I'm a student, so I'm going to have friends round. 2. I'm from England so the fact all my friends are so far away is difficult for me to deal with. If they want to come visit of course I'm going to let them!
Apparently it's unfair on the other flatmates?! Well Anne was at home for the majority and the other one downstairs is 2 floors below so not even remotely affected! It's very hypocritical that the old cow landlady is allowed to have anyone she wants over whenever she wants and can make plenty noise, but I just have 3 friends visiting, which i told her about and she agreed to, and I'm in the wrong!?
If I could move out of this flat now, I would! I don't like her! Perhaps things are a little different in Germany, but the way she has behaved is just downright rude! It wouldn't be tolerated in England!
I'm paying the rent plus extra on top to basically be only allowed the right to eat and sleep here and nothing more! Where is the sense in that?!

ARGH!! Rant over! ha

So anyway, today Jess and Nick have gone home too and I also feel like shit. I hardly slept at all last night and woke up with a horrible sore throat and headache and feel quite sick so I haven't been able to go into work today :(

I hope I'm better by thursday cause I'm going to see A Christmas Carol with the two English teachers which will be really good!!

Thats all for now from me anyway!

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. If that TV tower thing is that giant pie-looking thing on a stick, I've been up there. You get a brilliant view of Berlin from up there, so I'd recommend going up sometime.

    ReplyDelete